The Council of Authentic Mogajis (Family Heads) in Ibadanland on Friday warned Governor Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State not to attempt to remove the Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Saliu Akanmu Adetunji.
The Mogajis declared that any attempt to do so will lead to the Governor's removal unceremoniously. They insisted that if Ajimobi dared to depose the monarch, all families in the ancient city would rise to remove the Governor.
The Mogajis while reacting to some statements credited to the governor where he said he had power to remove the monarch, noted that they cannot fold their arms and allow miscreants turn the state to war theatre.
Spokespersons of the Authentic Mogajis in a statement signed by Chief Olawale Oladoja Akinsola (Mogaji Akinsola Compound, Opopo Labiran) and Chief Abbas Oloko (Mogaji Oloko Compound, Kobomoje) remarked that the utterances of governor Ajimobi against Olubadan is becoming “unbearable for the true sons and daughters of Ibadanland”. They noted that Ajimobi had uttered derogatory statements against the monarch more than three times in recent time.
Among the derogatory statements quoted by the family heads included; “When governor Ajimobi said Olubadan's wife was his errand girl in the past, disclosure of the amount he spent on the Olubadan coronation and lastly saying he can dethrone the monarch”.
The Authentic Mogajis in the statement said “Yes our amiable governor Ajimobi of Oyo state has executive power to suspend or remove Olubadan of Ibadan land Oba Saliu Adetunji.
“But he shouldn't forget that we the people of the state also have the power to call for his removal through the House of Assembly. “We are all from Ibadan land and if you suspend our king you will be removed from office unceremoniously.
“We use this opportunity to call on inspector general of police to provide adequate security for Olubadan and all the Authentic Mogaji of Ibadan land. “We call on our amiable president to wade into the undemocratic governance in Oyo state”.
Gomina ipinle Ekiti, Oloye Ayodele Fayose kede lati du ipo Aare Naijiria ni odun 2019 labe egbe oselu PDP. O ti to bii ojo meloo kan ti Fayose ti n soo bi ere bi ere pe oun maa dije du ipo Aare Naijiria sugbon ti opo eniyan ni ko seese.
Oni yii ni gomina naa jade si ita gbangban, ti o si pe awon oniroyin pe, oun maa du ipo Aare pelu enikeni to ba jade. O ni “n ko le wa ku, ko ni je oye ile baba re”. O ni iberu ni o n se opo eniyan ni ilu yii, o ni sugbon ni ti oun, ko sojo ni oro oun gege bi opo eniyan se mo.
Awon oniroyin beere pe bawo lo se maa jawe olubori nigba ti egbe re ko fowo sii?, o ni ko si oun to jo fowo sii tabi maa fowo sii. O ni ko tii ye ki won fowo sii lati ibere pepe ti won ba fe see daadaa. O ni n se lo ye ki won maa woran, ti asiko ba wa to, ko seni to maa so fun won ti won fi maa fowo ati gbogbo ara sii.
Fayose tun ni ti oun ko ba se oun ti oun se yii, o seese ki a ma se ri eni to maa dije du ipo Aare naa ni odun 2019.
A successful person is an outstanding performer. As Malcolm Gladwell points out outstarnding performers are hard workers.
Niyi Adeagbo knows what he wants and does whatever it takes to get it. He enthusiastically acts on his dreams to achieve what the good people of his Local Government want. This action helps him reach the goals to become outstanding among others.
Niyi Adeagbo is a young man full of management and public safety experience, his knowledge and his personal commitment to the citizens of Itesiwaju LG and Ọyọ State are on display, all in order to curb tribulations, to provide sound health care, to provide good education, to empower youths, farmers and traders and make his home local government and state a better prepared and safer place to live."
HIGHLIGHTS OF ADENIYI ADEAGBO'S ACHIEVEMENTS
· Compulsory and qualitative basic education
· Successful organisation of 2nd Itesiwaju Inter-School Essay, Debate and Quiz Competitions
· Free exercise books for students
· We setup a taskforce on Internally Generated Revenue
· Excellent primary health care delivery
· Tackling infant and maternal mortality in the council area. One of our missions is to provide our women the opportunity for healthy pregnancies and safe childbirths, to provide all infants with the healthy start they deserve.
· He budgets at least N300,000 monthly for free drugs to our medical centres across the council area.
· Provision of anti-snake vaccines in all the health centres in the council.
· Adequate welfare of workers
· Grading of local roads
· He opened a new farmers market in Komu
· Rehabilitation of Kusa road – Komu,
· Rehabilitation of Adenlere road – Otu,
· Clearing of both sides of rivers Otu and Ara to control flooding,
· Upgrading of: Gaa road – Oke Amu, Sawmill road – Okaka, Atogun road – Komu and NURTW headquarters house – Out
· Execution of six (6) borehole projects:
1. Hydrogeophysical Survey Drilling and Installation of Borehole, Igbojaye Central Mosque, IGBOJAYE.
2. Hydrogeophysical Survey Drilling and Installation of Borehole, Mission House BABAODE.
3. Hydrogeophysical Survey Drilling and Installation of Borehole, Baature Area OTU.
4. Hydrogeophysical Survey Drilling and Installation of Borehole, Jagunde Village OKAKA.
5. Hydrogeophysical Survey Drilling and Installation of Borehole, Eleeku Village IPAPO.
6. Hydrogeophysical Survey Drilling and Installation of Borehole, Alaganran Village, OKE-AMU.
· Eleven farmers groups from Itesiwaju have been empowered under the FADAMA III Additional Financing inputs, which is the highest across the state.
· He recommended farmers groups from Itesiwaju LGA to benefit N121m grants. They will also be supported with improved rice seeds, herbicides, insecticides, fertilizers and production assets such as sprayers and wheel barrows.
· Recommendation of another ten  experienced verifiable rice farmers to participate in Oyo State's Rice Outgrowership Scheme
· Empowerment of his people through auctioning of unused vehicles
· He cultivated and harvested approximately 3.8tones of cotton .
· Continuous livestock production in a small scale [cattle in particular]
· Cultivation and continuous harvesting of cashew fruits
· Support for FG's N-POWER verification exercise to ensure successful candidates from the local government do not have an iota of problem.
· Recommendation of our women and youths for employment and empowerment opportunities
· Ten (10) of his people in the local government benefited from Oyo State Ministry of Agriculture Employment Programme
· Five (5) of his people in the local government were also recommended for Federal Government loan programme
· Establishment of effective communication and feedback mechanisms
· He has held a series of talks with continental and local partners on investment opportunities in Itesiwaju LGA in the areas of agriculture, youth and women empowerment and a whole lot more. Chief among them are New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD Nigeria) and the Allied Atlantic Distilleries Ltd
· He does not joke with the peace and security of his people; he is not relenting in giving maximum supports for all his constituted security outfits in a bid to ensure a crime-free Itesiwaju LGA.
· Conflict resolution between the Yoruba and the Hausa communities in the council area.
· Resolution of a disputed land in Otu . Furthermore, as a a Caretaker Chairman of Itesiwaju LGA, ADENIYI Adeagbo has been interfacing with his people on regular basis in order to feel the pulse of the people and also communicate same to the government. Through these meetings, he has successfully rallied the cooperation of the host communities of the various projects undertaken by the state government in the area.
Moreover, as part of his efforts to ensure that his people feel the dividends of democracy he has partnered with many agricultural research and companies like across the local government area, like IITA, NRCRI, UAM, FUNAAB on modern techniques of cassava growing.
Other partners include Abia ADP, BNARDA, OGADEP, OYSADEP, SON, NESREA, NAFDAC, FMARD, JDPM and KOLPING all these activities to make the lives of his people meaningful and to know we are in the time of democracy.
Niyi Adeagbo is a determined person who is working to redeem the image of his local government to be a better place for so many businessmen home and abroad to establish companies in the local government for the betterment of his people and Ọyọ State at large.
“I thank Niyi Adeagbo for creating the enabling environment for what is happening today.
The good work of the governor is attracting opposition members into the APC. We do not drag any of the defectors/opposition into the APC but we know that they are still coming back with numerous members. “What Ajimobi has done is enough to convince the doubting opposition to join APC, he has set the pace by using the resources to develop the state.
A mild drama ensued at Kurudu area of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Abuja on Monday after a 16-year-old boy reportedly lost his manhood after shaking hands with a stranger.
The boy, Salvation from Abia State, had claimed that his manhood shrank and that he was unable to urinate after shaking hands with one Usman. According to a witness, Usman, an electrician from Nasarawa State, went to the area in search of a brothel.
Usman's first point of contact was Salvation, who after showing him the direction to the brothel noticed some physical changes on him and raised alarm. The incident attracted the attention of passers-by who pounced on Usman.
When PREMIUM TIMES arrived the scene of the incident, Usman was in the custody of soldiers who had rescued him from the mob. Narrating the incident, a teary-eyed Salvation said he had never set his eyes on Usman until that night. “I locked my brother's shop around 7:45 p.m. to go and watch Arsenal match. This guy (Usman) came to ask me to ask for 'Ashawo' (sex worker) joint is in this area. I pointed the way to him and afterwards, he shook my hand.
“When he shook my hand, I just felt a change in my body, I felt something left me. I tried to urinate but I couldn't. That was how I raised alarm and people held him (Usman),” he said.
After the alarm, residents and traders in the area reportedly accosted Usman, beat him up and were about lynching him before soldiers from the Post-service Amy Estate came to his rescue.' Usman, a father of two, however denied using charms to 'take' Salvation's manhood.
“I came to the area and asked him where I can get an Ashawo joint. He showed me the place and that was all. Before I knew what was happening, people were already beating me, accusing me of taking his manhood. I don't have any 'juju' and I don't know anything about it. Today is the first day I will attempt to visit an Ashawo joint,” he said.
After hours of pacifying Usman to undo the charm, one of the sympathisers suggested Salvation be taken to a brothel to “test if the manhood has been restored.” Heeding the advice, Salvation was led to a brothel where he was reportedly able to ejaculate with the aid of a sex worker.
Usman, however, remained in custody of the soldiers perhaps for his safety.